View Single Post
      11-11-2022, 12:06 AM   #68
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMaxXHD View Post
Most people look at physical climate controls and take their eyes off the road for adjusting the climate, either with the rotary dials or the buttons. This has been a thing since the introduction of climate controls. If you don't good for you, but most people take their eyes off the road anyway to adjust climate, physical or not.

Please stop acting like this is the end of the world. What is even more crazy is some of you believe this is less safe, despite being closer to the windshield and thus the road peripherally, and simply tapping the touchscreen, which is no different than pressing a button, other than maybe slightly more difficult because no physical feedback (I will concede that point).

Some of you speed on the road, going 10+mph over....if this is about safety, I hope y'all go the speed limit.....because then we need to talk about ALL unsafe road practices...

If you want to criticize this system, atleast do so from a more objective view by actually using the system. Already there have been people here that have received and used idrive 8 models and have by in large missed and would prefer the physical controls, but also have no major issues or qualms with the new touchscreen solution, and say the auto solution seems to work fairly well and limits how much you need to touch it. I take actual user feedback and experience more seriously than the majority in this thread criticizing it who have yet to step foot in a idrive 8 car.
Enough with the stawmans please, we are all much to old to be distracted by such mundane tactics. Save that stuff for a forum filled with 20 somethings.

As me and many others mentioned before, facts are facts and nothing you can say will deviate from the fact: Lack of physical buttons/touchscreens distract divers longer and have a direct impact on accidents. (Pun intended). But just don't take my word for it, some light reading for you: https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a4...screens-study/

Last edited by Sophisticated Redneck; 11-11-2022 at 12:36 AM..
Appreciate 1
JALS26.50