View Single Post
      04-17-2018, 04:39 PM   #28
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
Double check but the ETA movements are used using IWC’s own specs and finishing. I believe IWC goes to ETA, where as 20 years ago or so IWC received the ebauches from ETA and worked on them themselves.
IWC has started using in house movements in some of their watches now.

But yes, IWC uses both in house modified ETAs, ETAs straight from ETA with IWC spec'd finishing, as well as now some in house movements.

Omega used to do the same with their standard date/no date models (1109/1120 movements), Tudor used to do it, tag does it, a lot of companies out there do it.

That being said, I have 2 IWC with the eta movements, and a few omegas with the eta movements lol. Really solid watches.

OP, a daytona is gonna set you back a pretty penny right now. Really, any rolex right now is heavily inflated due to their artificial shortage.

Ball makes some good looking watches with the BMW logo on them, but are somewhat pricey for what they are.

personally, id go for an omega speedy or IWC Portuguese chrono. As these are my most worn and probably my favorites ouside of sport model rolex. The speedy is a more sporty looking watch, while the IWC is a more dressy watch.

Ive got the panda version and its my best looking watch. (googled image below)

Appreciate 1