06-11-2013, 04:26 AM   #23
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdt View Post
I hear what you are saying and despite the absence of any proof, it's possibly convincing enough for me to want to get the M135i. I remember the days when stability control would stop you from having fun. Yet when I drove a 991 af full noise around Phillip Island a year or so ago the finesse of PASM made me feel like Walter Rohl.

I certainly wouldn't want a car in which I felt I had to turn the stability control off in order to have fun, but I've not read that criticism about the 1M.
I still switch the stability control off to have fun, as I prefer to control the car in an unstable state. It also makes the car go faster. In public traffic, the priority is on safety rather than speed and thrills, so then I leave the stability control system enabled. In older cars, I did not, as I felt it made the car less safe in a critical situation. It depends on your driving style and reflexes. Mine were not compatible with the older system, but work well with the F20.

The previous one series is not dramatically worse, but the new one is definitely better in this respect.

My F20 116i M-Sport is actually more stable under braking downhill into a corner than the E92 M3.
Appreciate 0