View Single Post
      10-14-2010, 05:59 AM   #15
Morpheus
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i Titanium Silver

Thanks for all the comments, and thanks mods for moving it to the appropriate forum. In answer to some of the comments, yes, BMW CPOs M cars, I was actually looking on bmwusa.com. I need a sedan-have kids. I looked at e90 M3s, but a lot of them are $20k more (but also a lot less mileage).

My 2008 e90 has been relatively trouble free-only one HPFP fixed under warranty, but I also only have about 15K miles on the clock. Most of the M5s I have looked at seriously have high 20k-30k miles. Also I have usually stayed away from and advised others to stay away from buying a used "sports" car, as you never know how the previous owner drove and maintained the car. I think the M5 may be in a different class. I'm also tired of worrying about taking mods off and such when going to the dealer. I think that I may be able to leave an M5 "as is".

I haven't been able to find any problems with the e60s. Seems like I remember something about the previous gen M5 suffering engine failures at 50-70K. Looks like the CPO warranty is good to 100K, but I worry about the maintenance. Long ago when I was younger, my e46 325ci used to cost me about $1K every time it went in for service (needed front brakes every 10-12K).

looks like I have some thinking to do. I appreciate all of the helpful comments.
Appreciate 0