View Single Post
      06-05-2020, 08:29 AM   #37
243Racing
Banned
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
I already said I wasn't sure if reverse grids were good or not, I was replying to the quote that Toto would never vote for something that wasn't to his advantage. You think this is as good as F1 can get or do you have some idea to make it better?

Do you believe F1 is as interesting as it was 20 years ago? Can you explain to someone that doesn't watch F1 how we hope there are 2-3 teams fighting for win at each race (always the same teams) but often the it is 1-2 drivers and they are on the same team and we are hoping it rains to make it interesting?
I don't know, because I've only been following F1 for ~6 years.

Look, I agree that it's lost a lot of its intrigue with Merc's domination of the hybrid turbo era. But I'd suggest something like BOP before I'd ever agree to reverse grids. I'll also repeat my complete befuddlement at the fact that there's only two companies in the world that can make a competitive F1 engine. And if that's the case, then give everyone the same engine, and let them develop it as much as they want to.

Just because we have a legitimate problem doesn't mean we need a stupid solution.
Appreciate 0