View Single Post
      12-01-2019, 02:56 AM   #529
D3GUY
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 335D

Smile

My first BMW is my present 2009 335d that I just bought 3 months ago with only 81,000 km on the clock.
It is a very nice driving car compared to the rather ordinary autos I have owned.
I do admit I am scared of the complexity and potential expense of maintenance and repairs going forward.
I am also a Newbie on the forum and was just wondering out loud if anyone out there can suggest where to start in the area of any tools or devices I can use to display and perhaps even log things like water temp and oil pressure and temp like the Banks 2 inch Super gauge or such , and also something I can use myself to find hidden trouble codes? It sure would be nice to have more gauges ! The Speedo and Tach just dont cut it for me!
The car has just had the dpf scr and total egr delete done by my request by the shop who I bought it from and has something in the order of say a 2.5 Tune.
I am thinking already of MODS - such as a Wavetrac LSD and gearing up to a 2.56 final drive instead of the stock 2.81 ratio.
Just curious as to what this car cost new in Canada (or the USA) when it was Brand Spanking New ? It has most equipment , but has no IDRIVE. Was IDRIVE even a thing in 2009 335d?
Please be gentle on me as I am new to "New Technology" cars. My newest car prior to this one is my trusty 2005 Passat BHW diesel with the 5 spd manual conversion.
So there is my Story on my first Beemer !

Last edited by D3GUY; 12-01-2019 at 03:01 AM.. Reason: wanted to make paragraphs.
Appreciate 0