Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 LCI Jerez Black

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
2018 Euro Alpine Road Trip

Day 3 - The Sella Pass......finally!

Another German breakfast of chees, meat and bread and we were on our way again.

Today was the day i decided to use my cheap Chinese GoPro knockoff camera. I attached it to my tow hook eye mount and screwed it into the bumper. Dead, it wouldn't even turn on! I tested before travelling and all good. After plugging in some charge it came to life, so left it to charge whilst we continued on to the summit of our first pass of the day, the Timmelsjoch. However, at the summit i had a little thought.....where is my tow hook cover? Yup, on the floor on the Austrian side of the Timmelsjoch! So if anybody finds a tow hook cover from a LCI E90 in Azurite Black....it's mine!

We tackled the Timmelsjoch back in 2016 and the weather was awful and to be honest it wasn't much better this time around

More fog

Looked like the German R8 Owners Club was also in attendance

But thankfully, the Italian side was much nicer weather

The hairpinned road of the descent

Then onto the Jaufenstrasse / Passo Giovo......

And some amazing cake from here!

Then it was Penserjoch

And finally, the Sella Pass! In 2016 we had to give it a miss, due to running out of time and then in 2017 we were due to drive it on a Wednesday that it was closed to combustion engined vehicles.

More roadworks!

And the first of many that night!

Total driving time (including stops/fuel ups/etc) - 10 hours / 272 miles

// E90 M3 LCI DCT in Jerez Black with Fox Red Leather // Alcantara Trim // ST XTA Coilovers // 1.75 Exhaust Mod // Pinnacle Undertray // @jerez.black.e90.m3 //
Euro Alpine Road Trips 2014 2016 2017 2018 2019

Last edited by mjn77; 12-13-2018 at 04:08 AM..
Appreciate 0