View Single Post
      05-18-2017, 01:16 AM   #28
JohnBoyMinster
Rep
Drives: M135 F21 With F22 Front

Quote:
Originally Posted by No one View Post
Not to insult you, really, but you have reminded me of the quote:

I mean if you didn't want a PITA you shouldn't have bought it. If you didn't bother to check the headlights working perhaps you just shouldn't bother now.

On the constructive side, if you can not have the technology swap issue solved there seem to be two ways to PAY to fix the car (yes, obvious, but the quote above... ): either wait for the F22 LED headlight units in hope they'll be "plug and play" (consult a dealer electric, try to buy a successful installation rather than the pieces) or restore your car according to the factory specification.
Thanks so much for replying. Just to clear up your assumptions here; I knew the headlight issue was a complete PITA on buying and I did check the headlights. Fortunately I purchased the car well below the 'going rate' with a fair few other things being needing to be sorted, from a guy that part completed the conversion (poorly) - all of which are now solved. Headlights are the last thing to sort and I have budget left just to throw some money at it to get fixed, and save my self the stress of pulling my front end apart on my drive, in rainy old England

Turns out that my problem lays in a simple bit of coding to allow the shutters to fully open - I've found some guys in the USA that had the same problem. Will update when / if this soloution works.

Cheers
Appreciate 0