View Single Post
      11-29-2023, 09:24 AM   #94
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F15 35d M Sport

Miatas are like mopeds, you have a blast while riding them, but you don't want your friends to find out...

Wait, thats not how the saying goes.. was it miatas? Or was it fat chi... hmmm

Miatas make a great auto-x platform or short course racer. Fast in corners, but not so much on straights. It's especially great for track dayers or racers that are still learning. Would I want one for a street car? Meh, probably not. Me personally I don't know that it'd be that exciting driving one. On the track I like sharp handling, feeling the surface and simplicity, on the street I like comfort and well rounded performance. But I have a Grom and I find that far more fun to rip around on vs my big bikes, so maybe the Miata would be the same.

My dream is a 911 GT3, and at this point it wouldn't matter if it were a 991 or 992, but the Porsche tax means I'll likely have to start with a 991 Carrera S. I've looked into the 718 and from my understanding they perform similar to the 911, but with more street comfort in mind vs track performance, and because of that I've heard a few folks mention they were let down by them, but I think they were expecting a 911 GT3 experience.

My Diesel Information Thread | My Wheels, Tires, and Fitment Thread | My Teardrop Camper Build | My F15 Suspension Lift Thread
Appreciate 1
Alfisti6555.00