Major
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 25i AW; F20 M135i AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecytsai
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbenny View Post
Hey Guys,

Just thought I would show my face and ask a few questions.
Im in Sydney and just about to order a new car.
At the moment Im tossing up between the M135i and new Golf R.
Im leaning more towards the 135i at this stage.
Like with all cars ive owned, I do like to tweak them a little. So plans are suspension, wheels, blackline taillights and a chiptune of some sort. (nothing crazy)

My biggest question at the moment if I do order the M135i is transmission.
Ive always been a massive Manual fan (even though my last two cars were auto) As I am buying this car for driving enjoyment (love that its RWD) I really want to go manual. But am worried when I do decide to sell the car, it may be difficult as most go for the auto it seems.

Who has what? and what are your thoughts?

Cheers,
Ben.
I think sports auto will be a lot easier to sell later on. You can feel the auto box change gear very direct and I think it is faster than a fast manual gear change. But for the enjoyment, manual is the way to go. Especially its a RWD, it will be a lot more fun if you have the clutch.
My car is a sports auto. Sometimes I do think what if its a manual? Sure it will be a lot more fun! Sports auto is nothing like a real manual.
Agree with this.

I was previously a devout manual driver, but really love the 8AT. Flick it across to the left, and use the paddles,especially in Sports mode, and you'll find yourself pretty impressed.
However, test drive both, if you can.
Appreciate 0