View Single Post
      02-06-2013, 07:00 PM   #72
sonicbimmer19
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E88 and F32

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
The BMW Sports car project is scheduled for 2016 when advances in material technology will be entirely cost effective over the brand competitors.
oh my god! you have zero idea how much happier I got after reading this lol, BMW really needs a super car.
I did notice you used the word "sports car" and not "super car" but that's better than nothing I suppose.

On a side note, Rolls Royce Wraith, if priced similar to Ghost, is going to be about $250k.
That's a world different from a would be 8 series, a true competitor to CL, and probably would be priced somewhere about 100k.

If the market for large coupe is not great currently, then I understand not making 8 series but saying 6 series is successor to 8 series?
why didn't they just keep the 8 series name then? and make a smaller 6 series for people looking for $60k coupe version of 5 series?
I think you might've meant that the 6 series fills the market for people looking for modern day 8 series and not literally a successor but either way, I understand the market isn't great for large coupes.

I do hope BMW names the future CS, 8 series gran coupe! And name the future super car, M10

Thank you for the clarification, much appreciated!
Appreciate 0