03-23-2018, 06:41 AM   #4
ovekvam
Brigadier General
Norway
Rep
Drives: 2021 Galvanic Gold i3S

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-Eight View Post
Thanks for your reply. I've been told that a LSD is preferible in a car like mine, as gives a better traction out of the corners in every conditions, avoiding the spinning wheel to dissipate the torque, and avoiding the wheel that doesn't spin to stop itself because of the torque loss.

Maybe I am wrong but also my dealer told me that I'll have a lot of benefits mounting it in my car.
You will indeed. It is a very nice upgrade that will give you significantly more traction. But in the situation you described with straight line acceleration, the car will run straighter (and slower) with an open differential.

The spinning wheel will still dissipate the torque with LSD, but the other wheel will keep the torque. That will give an unbalanced torque pair that can kick the car out in a slide. The slide is also a lot easier to control with a LSD. Drifting is almost impossible without one.

The F20 has a "fake LSD" system that kicks in with DSC Off, using the ABS brakes. It is not as smooth and efficient as a real LSD, but still better than an open differential.
Appreciate 0