05-14-2021, 07:02 AM   #20
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
1. You can't make up numbers you don't have.
2. It's not about profit. Where are you getting profit? The car should have been offered in both a manual, and auto/DCT, as all sporty-natured cars should. Besides, again, you're making up numbers, as you have no idea what the real cost in time/effort/net net it would be to the manufacturer. And again I'll tell you regardless, it would have been worth it.

Toyota BOMBED the new Supra every possible way they could, period.

No, that's not the point. Here, do this, take an auto to The Dragon, then a 6MT. You'll soon know the point exactly.
6k sold last year in the U.S- https://carsalesbase.com/us-toyota-supra/

I put the 10% take rate but guessing it is high, what percentage do you think required a manual or went somewhere else?

No idea what you are talking about with the "it's not about profit" as for BMW and Toyota everything is looked at with this idea behind it. It's the reason they went into partnership, reason they don't have a manual, reason they reused parts off other cars and the list goes on.

The only point you seam to have is that you really wanted them to make a manual which is ok. I have a manual and also like it but also realize people aren't buying them like they used to and that's why car companies aren't offering them.

Last edited by David70; 05-14-2021 at 07:07 AM..
Appreciate 3
kyriian883.50
heavyD^23688.50
Vivek.1366.00