12-18-2019, 08:29 AM   #64
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hish View Post
I dont suppose you need to question claim, just check sales numbers. BMW is currently growing faster than before, so there would be more of "brave" designs. Such as polarizing design for new 4-series front end.
For one, I agree with statement that you cannot please everyone. For example, even though design for 8GC is generally considered one of the best in recent years, there are plenty of people who consider it butt ugly...
But compare the 8 series grill with the new 4 series grill. The 8 is reasonable and the 4 is incredibly ugly. I guess BMW figures that if you "only" pay $70K for a car, you deserve ugly but if you pay $140K for a car you deserve something more tasteful.

BTW...just because sales have been increasing slightly doesn't mean it is because of the grills; it could be despite them. One of the most basic logical fallacies is "post hoc ergo propter hoc" (after this therefore on account of this).

But. ultimately, we as buyers have the ultimate choice and if that means that some of us migrate to MB or some other mark, so be it.
Appreciate 1
CWads6937.50