View Single Post
      06-03-2021, 07:04 AM   #14
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4

I have been working from home for over 20 years (self-employed). It provides some nice benefits - no commute, with dogs all day, etc. When I need to get something done, I am much better off in my home office than in an open format corporate office (which to me was the worst idea ever). But there are drawbacks, like less social interaction and blurring of work / personal time (even more than when in an office). It is not nearly as flexible as many think. I look forward to getting back out to see clients soon - certainly not every day but at least a couple of trips out each month.

To me, the ideal solution is a blend of on-site and WFH. But WFH doesn't work for many if they don't have the space or have too many distractions. I think employers are trying to balance that reality because if they started telling some people they can work from home and others they can't, even more cries would result. Rather, I think it will be back to the office as the norm in most places, with more flexibility to WFH from time to time than there has been historically. That doesn't seem unreasonable to me if one wants to work for a corporation and take the benefits that go with doing so.
Torgus3781.50
MKSixer34184.50