View Single Post
      03-06-2014, 09:21 AM   #143
BenN
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335d MSport Plus

Hi Guys.

So, I was originally skeptical about the ViseeO Tune2Air device, and whether it would work with my F20 setup, since i noticed most people had some sort of upgraded iDrive system. I just wanted to write this post to clear up any confusion and to give my experience with this fantastic module.

I purchased yesterday a ViseeO Tune2Air WMA1000 module for use in my F20 120d M Sport, which is a completely stock UK car as of October 2012, apart from its Valencia Orange Metallic. I purchased a Y-Cable from eBay last year, it wasn't an official BMW lead or anything (i do not have a link to hand for the exact one i purchased as the seller doesnt exist anymore, but it cost £6.99). At the time, i had purchased the lead to use with my iPhone 5 through a 30pin to lightning converter. This didn't work, i'm not sure whether it was due to being a non-official BMW lead, but the phone kept connecting/disconnecting in fast succession to the car. I returned the lightning converter to Apple and put my Y-Cable in a drawer and just used AUX in and a USB stick for the interim.

I looked at 30-pin Bluetooth adapters for a while, but never took the plunge as there was far too many on the market, i had heard that their quality was hit and miss and to be honest i wanted a fully integral solution into the iDrive.

When the ViseeO adapter was posted in here, it looked and sounded promising but i didn't really want to pay £70+ on something that might not work with my basic iDrive setup, so i put it off. I then noticed last week that they had come down in price to just under £60 on amazon, also meaning easy returns if it didn't work so i took the plunge. I read on another forum that if an older iPhone worked on my 30-pin lead then it should work with the ViseeO, so i borrowed my friends phone and there was nothing wrong with the cheap y-lead i had purchased from eBay.

I must admit, i am thrilled with this little device, it works flawlessly, automatically connects to my phone on getting into the car, and has full functionality through the iDrive, it works as if my phone was plugged in. Another important thing for me was that i use streaming services alot, such as Deezer, Polkast etc.. as i rarely carry music on my device. These even work fantastically, allowing me to skip, pause and play and all of the steering wheel controls work as intended (it obviously cannot search through the various albums or playlists these third party app's might have, but that i did not expect, just choose your playlist or album before driving away on the handset). Music information is also displayed, even if u use a streaming service. The only limitation, and this isn't the ViseeO is that whilst streaming music (songs not within my iTunes library) i cannot see which track is coming next, but skipping with the head unit buttons does the change. Music quality is also great, it might not look perfect on paper, but tbh with my basic speaker setup i cannot tell the difference. It also claims that multiple devices can be paired to the dongle and they are remembered, you just have to turn off the ones that are not being used so that it can connect to the correct one, which is what i would expect from such a simple device - i am yet to try this.

Just to re-enforce whats been said before, if you are thinking of taking the plunge, go for it - you won't be disappointed! Just make sure that you purchase the WMA1000 and not the WMA2000, as that one is for use with a USB lead, its the 30 pin version you will need with such a basic F20 setup.

Thanks for everyone's help within this thread, i just wish i had purchased this a while back now!!

Ben
Appreciate 0