09-13-2013, 10:19 AM   #121
Mjlbakker
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 G21 318i (in order) - 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolais View Post
I know this will look like a paid message but I assure you it's not . I'm one of those who got F20 without extended bluetooth (6NK) and then found the Y-cable inconvenient. Tried different things: checked the price for combox retrofit from BimmerTech which was a bit over my budget. At some point I bought one of these Bluetooth to 30pin adaptors but the quality of sound wasn't good (especially on AAC losless tracks) and none of the integration features worked (wheel controls, track/album information). I almost gave up and switched to listening radio (free DAB this year was a nice present from BMW). Anyway, last week I decided to look around again and finally found a device that does it for me. It's called ViseeO tune2air and it works seamlessly with my setup (Pro Radio 663, Basic BT 6HN and HK upgrade 647). It's plugged to Y-cable and emulates your iDevice (connected via BT) so the track/album info + controls work as if that device was plugged in instead. Plus I believe it supports AAC over A2DP and has a decent DAC so the music quality is pretty close to the actual wired connection. I've got it two days ago, tested and since I'm so happy that I finally solved that nagging issue with BT audio setup I decided to share it on here.

Here's how this looks like:
Hi kolais,

Thanks for your tip, I am having difficulties with my configuration since I upgraded to iPhone 5.

I have the standard BT and radio professional with Y cable, so I have to have my iPhone plugged into the Y cable for music. The thing is there is no Lightning ycable (yet), and with the lightning adapter the music plays and shows on the screen but it does’nt charge..

After reading your input I bought the 'Auris Bluetooth 30 pins to dock emulator' (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...-for-your-dock). I believe it is the same device as your ViseeO tune2air?

The problem is iDrive / Y-cable does not support this one, so it doesn’t show in the screen. It does support AUX of course but I do want the track/album info + controls!!

Do you have any advice? The Auris supports aptX coding, has Bluetooth 4.0 and should work..

Thanks!!
Appreciate 0