View Single Post
      09-11-2013, 04:09 AM   #116
kolais
England
Rep
Drives: F20 118d Urban

I know this will look like a paid message but I assure you it's not . I'm one of those who got F20 without extended bluetooth (6NK) and then found the Y-cable inconvenient. Tried different things: checked the price for combox retrofit from BimmerTech which was a bit over my budget. At some point I bought one of these Bluetooth to 30pin adaptors but the quality of sound wasn't good (especially on AAC losless tracks) and none of the integration features worked (wheel controls, track/album information). I almost gave up and switched to listening radio (free DAB this year was a nice present from BMW). Anyway, last week I decided to look around again and finally found a device that does it for me. It's called ViseeO tune2air and it works seamlessly with my setup (Pro Radio 663, Basic BT 6HN and HK upgrade 647). It's plugged to Y-cable and emulates your iDevice (connected via BT) so the track/album info + controls work as if that device was plugged in instead. Plus I believe it supports AAC over A2DP and has a decent DAC so the music quality is pretty close to the actual wired connection. I've got it two days ago, tested and since I'm so happy that I finally solved that nagging issue with BT audio setup I decided to share it on here.

Here's how this looks like:
Appreciate 0