M_Six
Free Thinker
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 MB GLC300 4matic

Quote:
Originally Posted by - Paul - View Post
- likewise

IMO my interpretation isn't broad. That cig has only been there a little while - the ash is in the same place as the cig. Agreed, smoke would be better but it wasn't there. The example Matt gives re a chair - that chair could be empty for days - what would be the difference in the pic??
Matt's example wasn't just an empty chair. It was an empty chair with a book and eyeglasses, which is a better indication of someone having been there a minute ago than an empty park bench with nothing else around. Now an empty park bench with some empty fast food containers might be a different story. The idea being that there is *something* besides empty space to indicate a recent presence.

Your pic suits the theme. I'm not saying it doesn't. I just thought we'd have more imaginative entries.

I'm done pontificating. I've said my piece. And because I've been expressing my lack of enthusiasm, I think I'll sit this one out so as not to lend the appearance of trying to sway votes away from the existing entries (and hence, toward mine).

"There is no shame in dropping fruit in your glass."
-UncleWede
Appreciate 0