View Single Post
      05-25-2021, 03:12 PM   #42
Vivek.
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335is coupe, e30 vert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post
What is wrong with meth injection specifically?

They have also been known as EXTREMLY overpriced and a very low bang for your buck. Dinan is for casual BMW enthusiasts with more money than smarts. Steve's offerings have been consistently outperformed for less money over the years. He also is a flip flopper one day Flash is the only way to go, next piggybacks are the way. He sold the company so the Dinan brand is even less relevant now.

S85 stroker kit for 40k when it was released? Pahlease.

Defending overpriced Dinan products is hilarious.

Show me a single record Dinan holds. Please, find a record Dinan holds.

No one runs a Dinan N54 tune. I wonder why...because he used to charge $1700 for a stage 1 tune than made less power than an off the shelf COBB map which was under 1/2 the cost.

https://www.dinancars.com/products/e...rts/D330-0009B <--- Horrifically overpriced. Just like his $700 front strut bar.

Fools and their money are often quickly parted.

Dinan is for people who want to be a car enthusiast but never once changed their own oil.

edit: You can tell what people care about on the Dinan website. Look under the specification page of a product, how many points it adds is right at the top. Literally the least important specification EVER. But that is what Dinan customers care about. Getting my points for a badge! So everyone can know how much money I threw away!
Well...yeah, they're not the type of company that's going to be selling a 6466 kit with PI (please note that I'm specifically not knocking your setup; I have a 6466 N54 with PI). They're not going for any 'records', you're missing the point entirely IMO.

They're going for older rich guys who'd rather spend a few extra bucks (or 3-4x as much since they don't really care) than risk having any issues; just because we're not their target audience doesn't mean their products don't have their place.
2013 335is Mineral/Coral - DR 6466 - DR Mani - PI - Motiv FF - Dodson Clutches - OEM CF Roof - M3 GTS DCT/LSD/DS/Halfshafts/Suspension/Subframe/Brakes/Chassis Bracing F+R - DEFIV Diff Brace - 437M/R888R
2015 X5 35D - 1990 535i [RIP] - 1992 318i Convertible - 2002 540i/6
Appreciate 1