View Single Post
      12-01-2014, 09:30 AM   #32
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

This discussion obviously needs a conclusion already but I just can't help adding another bit. Sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
If they've replaced nothing so far, then by definition they can do more.
They have:

Quote:
Originally Posted by osvic View Post
I have had a new steering rack,
Quote:
I'm not trying to be right here....I'm just trying to help
Sure. So am I. No offence.

Quote:
Both BMW and the dealer know very well to try and avoid repairing these cosmetic 'blemishes' because it costs time and money. However they will repair them if the customer insists.
AFAIK, BMW does work on eliminating "weak points". Some of F20/21's are gone (hopefully): steering squeak, rear rattle in cold weather, cooling system leak - I never experienced these on my 2013 June (well, I'm into my second winter, still worried a bit...). They issue the software and parts upgrades - people say. Of course it's all from customer feedback. I had my boot door warranty repainted (paint doming) - they noticed it when I came in for oil change and fixed "on their own", though people had to argue for that previously.

Quote:
because he buys loads of cars
That must be expensive.

A Peugeot cabrio owner once was told by an authorized service they had no means to repair his folding roof. He went to another (same city) and got it fixed no questions asked.

Both approaches we've discussed can work or work not in a particular situation. And the choice certainly depends on one's temper as well. osvic just seems to lack some patience which is no good every time.
Appreciate 0