10-01-2014, 08:54 AM   #6
oeron
Enlisted Member
Turkey
Rep
Drives: BMW (F20) 118i M 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by dape90
I would say go for it and don't worry about the LCI model. You can't wait forever and still miss the next BMW update.
I drive exactly what you are thinking about getting. It's a good car and rear wheel drive is always a blast. However, after a year and 9 months ownership I am a bit board with my car. Don't get me wrong, it handles very well, took on the Nurburg ring in 9 mins 28 seconds. And can take a serious beating around a track. However, on the day to day drive it get a bit samey.
Next car is 12 months away but I am seriously considering switching to Audi and getting the 4 Door S3.

Just to be clear, the 1 series is a good car. No major problems and really well built. I am only expressing my view. I am sure you will enjoy your 118i very much indeed :-)
To get bored of something is part of being human, you would feel the same if you'd own an M4

S3 is not bad at all, but as you said back wheel driving cars are pure fun and no matter how bored you are, you're gonna miss it

There was a comparison between subaru, 135i and S3; tried yo upload it but couldn't figure out on my phone, will give a try at home
Appreciate 0