View Single Post
      09-21-2018, 09:52 AM   #599
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Not to sound like a party-pooper here but I feel like I need to explain with a little more detail. I often joke around and like to think I'm a fun person to be around. My issue is that regardless of how funny someone may be if the other person has the personality of a dry noodle then you eventually stop trying. Don't get me wrong, she is very sweet and good to me, but personality isn't something that she has.

All too often I crack jokes and due to her lack of knowledge about current events, actors, musicians, etc. she has no idea who/what I'm talking about. Then I spend the next 10 minutes explaining the joke so that she can understand....at that point it isn't funny and I' annoyed that I've had to explain.

Hope this paints a better picture. I do appreciate you guys stating that I need to initiate, but I already have. Kinda hard to have fun with someone that stands there and looks at you in confusion when you try to mess with them. Some people just don't have a personality. Now if I were to engage her in a conversation about the women at work that she doesn't like or what's going on with her kids and school, she'll talk until my eyes are glazed over and I'm seconds from falling asleep.

In reality, I've been through enough therapy to know who I am as a person and why I make the decisions that I do. The two major relationships that I have been in were lots of fun and we enjoyed each others company immensely. Both of them ruined me in multiple ways and now I'm afraid to become involved with someone who is like this as I subconsciously think they will do me the same way. I realize this not to be the case with everyone....dammit, I need to go back to see the therapist again.
Appreciate 1
Kyngofpop676.00