View Single Post
      08-03-2022, 09:50 AM   #3
xlover
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2023 X7 40i

So the new classe 3 series sized vehicle will live alongside the final years of the G2X clar 3/4 series….

Will be interesting to see what comes down our insider pipeline around development of a new ice/hybrid 3 series model on the CLAR platform or if they commit to electric only i3 as the sole offering in the segment.

I tend to think we will see a new "traditional" ice/hybrid car to replace the existing 3. That is a lot of sales to walk away from where customers are not ready for electric only. And to kill the m3 ice and go hybrid only so soon (3-4 years) after introducing the first hybrid M cars (xm, m5) seems off from a strategy standpoint, they have room to iterate, we haven't even seen hybrid S58 yet! Especially where the m3 is holding on to manuals right now, that would be an abrupt transition from "you can have a manual" to "you can't even have any form of ice". Considering how aggressive the M branding and marketing has been it just reinforces how much it would be for them to walk away from
Appreciate 0