View Single Post
      12-29-2010, 03:30 PM   #65
jocamryn
Major
Rep
Drives: '23X4 M40i/'24 X2(In Transit)

The X6 is king of the road.... Sans the 7er, 6er and M5, nothing matches it in status. Nobody cares about "retro" or "Nostalgia" except for the minority of entry level enthusiasts. The MAJORITY wants a vehicle that says, "you can't touch me" and "I've arrived". We want to drive slow so people in their compacts and people movers can get a good envious look at what they WISH they could have.....Mostly though, so they can hate... I can't wait for the haters

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCOTT26 View Post
[Semi-serious rant]
Ding, exactly the reason I will not buy another BMW. Good job, propeller heads, you've officially lost your way. The "Ultimate Driving Machine" should not become the "Ultimate Fake Off Road Vehicle Just Because We Can't Determine That Americans Are Over SUV's (or SAV's)".

The X range of SAV's is a priority for BMW because they are higly profitable for the company. Each X model has successful sales results , X1 for example was launched in Europe in late 2009 - 1 year later over 100,000 units of X1 has been sold.
X1 is the best selling SAV in Europe. Ahead of the Audi Q5 which was number 1.

X3 despite its reputation sold over 600,000 units over it's lifespan. The new F25 has shown signifcant results in it's first days of launch with customers in Europe ordering a X3 xDrive20d not being able to take delivery until next Spring.

X5 is the standard of a large premium SAV ,
It sets the standard in dynamics , design and quality.
X6 has sold over 120,000 units since launch that is significant as BMW expected sales of only 40,000 units in it's two years from launch.
When you check the sales figures you see each individual X vehicle showing a rise in sales. Demand for BMW X products is greater than ever.

Hence why an X4 Sport Activity Coupe is being developed for the future.
Appreciate 0