View Single Post
      01-07-2013, 07:43 AM   #68
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

And here what I have posted in the 1M forum about the above link:

"Results are mostly like I was expecting, and whereever M135i gets really close to 1M or even betters it at few details, it is very likely down to tire difference (PSS vs PS2) like it is stated in the text. It is very interesting for example that the brakes in the hatch works superb at normal speeds but from 200 km/h to 0, there is a considerable difference to 1M's advantage 133.0 meters vs. 140,4 meters, which is a truck's length. The same observation applies to slalom/handling tests.

Another detail is, in fact Sport Auto dynoed M135i with 340 ps and 493 nm at the crank and published it, so if we compare it with average dyno results for 1M (let's say around 360 ps and 550 nm) it is rather interesting that both are underrated at similar percentages and both weigh close to each other (1M even lighter with 7 kg.) despite BMW's claims that the hatch would be quite lighter than 1M.

Despite tire disadvantage, at the relatively short Hockenheim track, lap difference of 1.6 seconds alone demonstrates how well the 1M suits to track duty compared to M135i with 8-speed auto. Horst von Saurma's 8.14.9 minutes Ring time for the 1M on the other hand remains arguable in my eyes but that's a whole other discussion."
BMW 1M-SOLD-: TECH: Evolve Race+N55mids, Evolve IC, Michelin PSS, ER cp, aFe filter, CDVx, Vorshlag camber plates, BMS OCC EXTERIOR: trunk spoiler, blacklines, black grills, IND goodies INTERIOR: Alcantara steering wheel, steel pedals, custom mats, MPower e-brake.
Appreciate 0