Rep
Drives: M2 Comp 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330indy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by duder13 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma01 View Post
I don't agree with your assessment of the Z. Have actually driven the Z3M/Z4M? It's almost nostalgic to think about how wild some of these cars were as compared to today's civilized/isolated M lineups. Here's a comparison done (vs. Boxster S) by TopGear.

A Z3M is the first BMW I ever drove, as my uncle has owned one for over 20 years. I'm not saying they aren't great cars. I'm just saying, like the guys in this video also said, if you're picking the best BMW M car ever, you want to go with BMW's traditional "do everything" formula and pick a car with a backseat. BMW's strength was always building practical cars that compete with sports cars. If you're looking at outright sports cars, the competition is very different.
I agree... I've had a Z4M, it was fun....
However my answer was....
A Z3 5speed with a low maintenance M52TUB25
Plus
A custom ordered ZCP e92M 6 speed.
And if weather is shotty I have my e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by 330indy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by duder13 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma01 View Post
I don't agree with your assessment of the Z. Have actually driven the Z3M/Z4M? It's almost nostalgic to think about how wild some of these cars were as compared to today's civilized/isolated M lineups. Here's a comparison done (vs. Boxster S) by TopGear.

A Z3M is the first BMW I ever drove, as my uncle has owned one for over 20 years. I'm not saying they aren't great cars. I'm just saying, like the guys in this video also said, if you're picking the best BMW M car ever, you want to go with BMW's traditional "do everything" formula and pick a car with a backseat. BMW's strength was always building practical cars that compete with sports cars. If you're looking at outright sports cars, the competition is very different.
I agree... I've had a Z4M, it was fun....
However my answer was....
A Z3 5speed with a low maintenance M52TUB25
Plus
A custom ordered ZCP e92M 6 speed.
And if weather is shotty I have my e46
In 5 years people will miss the M2C with manual that could be had with 400 HP. Eventually all cars will be autos, smg etc. Cars become more desirable as years go by. Is it possible to get a e30 m3 in great shape for under 75k? I imagine the CSL isn't cheap or really purchasable now. 1M, M coupe, and a regular e46 M3 would be a better comparison. Except for the M2C, the others are more dream cars.
Appreciate 0