View Single Post
      08-04-2016, 05:31 PM   #6
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

If you aren't going to do the job yourself, why don't you simply find the workshop and settle with them if they can sell the "full package" at acceptable price or let you save by supplying the parts they indicate? If they don't know what it takes they shouldn't know what to do , if they insist you must buy the parts from them you take it or leave it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anderoo View Post
But in order to be compatible with the bluetooth audio streaming it would need 65129270371?
Why not 65129270363?

Quote:
So I'd need to get 84109257150 + 65129270371 + the Fibre cable, plus route if from near the battery to the head unit?
Are you sure that defines the additional wiring pretty well? Also, routing throughout the car might be not especially easy/cheap to do.

Combox Media Retrofit

Combox Retrofit DIY Success

Quote:
The 65129270371 has DAB which my car doesn't have currently but i presume that just gets coded, and i'll need to source an antenna?
So do you want DAB or just 65129270371 accommodation? There's some DAB Retrofit kit you might choose to consider.

Quote:
If the NBT wasn't available until after my car was manufactured does that just mean I can't retrofit?
Didn't they tell you so? You can query their (or others) technical reasoning for denial if you are going to solve it yourself or just look for those who can offer the retrofit and let them handle the details.

Quote:
I take it the NBT negates the need for a Combox?
What's the need for a Combox? You are looking for Bluetooth audio streaming. If NBT does not provide the functionality it's a pure excess in your case.
Appreciate 0