03-05-2019, 03:53 PM   #18
Matticus91
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Old Man View Post
Just buy it, who needs their wifes permission any way.....who wears the pants in your family. Nevermind, I know that never flies. How about this, it's cheaper than a 20 year old girlfriend. And the ride will last way longer.
LOL. You're right about the cheaper part, especially in DC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Oh fuck off you twat.

The man has a wife, a wife! He needs a silly dream to jerk off on. This is epic and that'll keep him so busy the wife won't be having headaches so often.
Spoken like someone who truly understands me

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Yeah, and so do I. I also have 3 motorcycles, 2 of which are currently not running. So here I am with 2 broken bikes and a wife and you busting my balls. You think I need any more headaches? That's why I suggested the guy get a legitimate bike so as to save on future headaches.

Don't you have a home improvement project to go fuck up?
Did you pay more than $1,399 for the two broken bikes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Hammock View Post
Don't let your dreams be dreams.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1and1 View Post
Matt, You ever owned a bike? If yes, do all your own maintenance? No, really, I mean /ALL/ of it...

You don't seem shy about the arrival as a kit part, which is encouraging, but seriously, if you've not spent serious time wrenching on a bike I dunno that I'd recommend one of these. Like a BMW, if you need to have a shop do work it ain't worth it.

Compare & contrast with what's available locally- both at dealers and privately- you may find a much better deal. I'd snatch up an old KDX 250 in a heartbeat, possibly the most thing I've ever dodged a tree with. They got the math just right on those...

Opinion of somebody who spent 25 years riding dirt bikes in the woods going way way to damn fast. For me it was an RM250 custom built forest rocket for most of that time. If it's on two wheels and you can send it in the trees I can rip it to every nut & bolt and put it back together again.
I've owned a few, new and old, street and dirt, carb & FI/2stroke & 4stroke, and done most of the work myself. It's also a hobby item so I'm not really worried about the inevitable down-time for repairs. The idea of it coming as a bag o' parts is exciting to me, knowing that I'll be the one to assemble and get everything just right! You're right about shopping around though, there could be a hidden gem nearby that I'm overlooking
Lups11824.50
DETRoadster11456.00