01-09-2015, 04:20 AM   #12
moldcad
Major
Poland
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovekvam View Post
First of all, the e-diff is only enabled when the DSC is off.
Sorry ovekvam - I stand corrected, You are right: eLSD (eDiff) will only come into play when DSC is OFF indeed, so it should be seen not as another electronic "nanny", but a replacement to a "real" LSD in e.g. track drifting where the driver can safely switch off DSC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovekvam View Post
A mechanical LSD will allow you to put more power down without getting any wheelspin or powerslide, even with DSC enabled.
However, am still not quite comfortable with the above statement - doesn't LSD actually *need* some wheelspin (actually, a difference in left/right wheel spins) to activate? And if so - assuming I'm still protecting my stability with DSC on - will the amount of wheel spin that DTC allows suffice for LSD working efficiently *before* DSC kicks in, cutting power and applying brakes to any of the 4 wheels (not just the rear) it feels necessary to prevent stability loss?

I guess that - after correcting my idea how it actually works with your input - the above is now my question (reworded, but basically the same: will LSD be used efficiently in DSC ON driving scenario)?

TIA!
my RWD pirate & long-distance cruiser: 2015 M235i AT8, LSD
Appreciate 0