Rep
Drives: '04 330i ZHP

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [9.50]
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW E90 View Post
I think that needs to be more clearly specified.

From Webster:
1 : balanced proportions; also : beauty of form arising from balanced proportions
2 : the property of being symmetrical; especially : correspondence in size, shape, and relative position of parts on opposite sides of a dividing line or median plane or about a center or axis — compare bilateral symmetry, radial symmetry
3 : a rigid motion of a geometric figure that determines a one-to-one mapping onto itself
4 : the property of remaining invariant under certain changes (as of orientation in space, of the sign of the electric charge, of parity, or of the direction of time flow) —used of physical phenomena and of equations describing them

What I got from those definitions is that symmetry can be loosely defined as long as there is balance. Balance is very subjective thus it's being used loosely.
right but if we just wanted the theme to Balanced don't you think we should have just named it "Balance" instead of going a step further and making it "Symmetry"? Because we went the extra step to make it that, I figure we should go by the stricter definition.
Appreciate 0