12-08-2017, 11:52 AM   #6
pgviper
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3m40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike991M4 View Post
I hope they fix the steering. I'm a lifelong Z guy and its a shame about the Z. They don't even have the Z in their lineup in commercials when they have all the models next to each other.
I agree, I actually enjoyed the steering in my G37 but found it horrible when they moved to the EPS in the Q models. I do believe that they actually switched back to hydraulic at a certain point, may want to look more into that. Regardless, fixed by a quick test drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3dliner View Post
The new Q60 is a flop. No one is driving the RS version here in NY. Infiniti will never compete with the M/amg/rs. Their driving dynamics are terrible and they quite can't figure out what the car should be. Only thing good is the engine. I hope they drop it in the next gen 370's.

I loved my G37s coupe but when I test drove the 400RS, only thing I felt was the acceleration and nothing more. Unless they make a new gen Z, kiss any aftermarket support for the Infiniti platform goodbye.
AMS debuted an insane tuner kit for the Q60RS. The main issue with the infiniti models was truly the weight. If they just take this powerplant, put it in a next generation 370z (or whatever it will be called) and add a manual, that seems like a straight win right there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never_Enough View Post
Nothing they have made ever excited me.
Really??? They haven't been about big horsepower. I've found the z version of these cars to be great project or track toys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Exactly. At best the G35/37 was a softer Z car. They'll never build an M car competitor, even as that continues to mean less and less.
As long as its priced right, I think it will be solid competition. The infiniti model should go after the M2 price point with the Nissan equivalent (see above comment) after the Camaro SS 1le price point.
Appreciate 0