View Single Post
      05-14-2019, 10:54 AM   #7
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talksr View Post
wonder if it would be sensible having one, or if having one would make no difference as the tyre will stay inflated until a set amount of miles have been covered anyway.
Applying the mobility kit should apparently increase run on flat distance you can cover (I recall at least 80 kilometres promised but it depends on the load and road quality, of course). So if you expect yourself lost in the wild it might make some sense with RFT although people report RFT tyres do stand much more than promised, so... A RFT tyre does not stay inflated, it just holds on despite no air pressure inside (rigid walls) and degrades while you keep riding on it.

Regarding air pressure sensors (if you really have those). It's recommended that you replace a damaged RFT tyre, which makes effectively two on the same axle (if you mind driveability - keep reading the manual, it's there, I recall ). M Performance (and above) cars do have both air pressure sensors and the mobility kit without RFT.

I had my punctured RFT tyre repaired quite awhile (long, a few years) ago and it's all right since, no issues. I did appreciate the convenience of simply driving to the tyre shop the next day after I had the puncture detected by the system (no sensors, wheel rotation speed based).
Appreciate 1
Talksr3.00