View Single Post
      08-21-2018, 11:20 AM   #1524
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovekvam View Post
When pedaling on the lowest support setting, it feels a lot like normal bicycling, but you can go further, and climb faster or steeper. This makes it possible to take routes you would otherwise discard for being too tough. More sightseeing for the same effort, and you can keep up with stronger cyclists. It also makes it possible to arrive less sweaty, although I have not been using that option.

Some people would see it as cheating, but then again I think a 3 litre engine in the F20 is cheating! :-)

Regarding extra weight, take a look at the Orbea Gain D10. It is not THAT heavy.

And just to not stray too far away from the topic, here is a picture of the 3 cylinder BMW:
Attachment 1885234
Sure it's an , sorry. I just have cycling memories: a few pleasant ones from my past.

My friend's dad owned a racing bicycle set up absolutely astonishingly well. I clearly recall the feeling of flying just above the ground when riding it. I don't think I'd need assistance or any weight of the bicycle at all to enjoy that.

The toughest route I took was a dedicated road cycling racing track. I recall it's length very clearly but can't share. The climbs were so steep I was concerned I'd fall down from there, just like vertical. I had to "cheat" by going side to side instead if straight up. Luckily there were no other riders by my side. But I didn't get off. And I feel pretty proud of that as it was really hard (my friend gave up on that amazing bike of his dad's, I used his heavier sporty one with a half of the gear set). Again, no help wanted. And I couldn't care less about stronger cyclists as I'm not competing: it's just for fun.

I'd like a picture with a cat!
Appreciate 0