View Single Post
      09-01-2022, 06:45 AM   #7
papadelta
Rep
Drives: BMW F20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanye View Post
Yes it is. The vents/ flaps are also found on the left side. Do keep in mind though that it will be more difficult to route the wire on the left side as there's less space there under the car. I don't know exactly but I think that the flaps are above the rear muffler.

I personally don't see a reason for using the left side especially when considering how dirty the exhaust and the area around it can be.

You can always check by trying to reach the flaps with your hand when the car is cold.

If you absolutely have to route it through the left side, I suggest trying to feeding a wire through the flap and seeing if reaches the ground.Then you can feed the camera cable through the gap above the bumper. Finally tie them together and pull the cable through the flap making sure it is not touching any exhaust parts. That however is a lot of work and it's much simpler to use the right side.
Ok thanks for the explanation, so i will do it through the right side (the passenger side).

About reaching the bottom ventilation flap, do you have to remove any plastic part or similar to reach it? because I have not seen this black flap from the bottom easily, so dont know if it's hidden or have to be removed anything first.

Thank you!
Appreciate 0