happyjack
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F87 M2C 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by EstorilM240 View Post
How was the experience compared to an ordinary test drive? I also really want to drive the M2 Competition as well, currently having a M240i, but all the slots nearby are 100% full or waitlist, and it may be better to overlap it with a lease end inspection or service. I'm thinking of testing my luck with a separately scheduled test drive, but there appears to be only one dealer with M2C 6MT in stock, so coin flip there.

Also, I think this the true reason for the Ultimate Driving Event having tons of empty spots (alluded to in another thread), people would rather drive an M5C or M3C or M850 on the street than a more ordinary BMW on an autocross course.
at least at the event i attended, the marketing crew told me that their normal "show rate" for appointments was only 50%. if you want to drive any of these cars, then sign up for the waitlist, and then just go mid-day. i'm pretty sure you will get to drive anything you want. i was at the dealership for about an hour, drove three cars, and at any given time there were 3 cars sitting idle...just waiting for a driver that never showed.

the course they set up outside DC was pretty short...maybe 5 miles total...and there really was only one short run...less than 1/2-mile long to let the cars stretch their legs. maybe you'll get lucky with a better / longer course.

my garage: '23 G05 xDrive40i m-sport; '21 F87 M2C, 6MT; '17 F25 x-drive28i SAV; '15 F55 mini hatch 5-door
retired: '87 E30 MT 'vert; '92 E36 sedan; '99 E36 MT 'vert; '06 E90 x-drive sedan; '07 E83 x-drive30 SAV; '09 E91 x-drive wagon; '12 E89 Z4 MT M-sport; '15 F22 sport line
Appreciate 0