10-08-2013, 04:02 PM   #135
kolais
England
Rep
Drives: F20 118d Urban

Quote:
Originally Posted by N116i View Post
Dear kolais,

Thank you very much for your information.

One quick question.

With this adapter attached, are you still able to use hands-free call on steering wheel?

How do you use the phone call while streaming audio with this adapter?

I'm curious if the iPhone is paired with only this adapter or both (car builtin Bluetooth for hands-free).

Regards,
My iPhone is paired with both builtin hands-free and the adapter at the same time and the hands-free controls on steering wheel work flawlessly. Should I wish to make a call whilst listening to the music the iPhone pauses the music and the call gets correctly routed through the hands-free. The music gets resumed after the call is completed and again it goes through the adapter. All works as you'd expect.

I have just two complaints so far: the adapter only accepts one connection at the time, and as both me and my wife have iPhones it may connect to my wife's iPhone instead of mine when I enter the car parked near our house (even though her phone is well inside the house!) causing me to stop and reconnect my phone after driving out of the range. Another minor annoyance comes from the fact that the music starts automatically which is fine if iPhone remembers the last played track. After a reboot though it picks the top track (always the same) and starts it - very annoying. At least it should be random.
Appreciate 0