View Single Post
      05-22-2013, 07:00 PM   #102
Kamazzi
Rep
Drives: F20 116i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriverZ View Post
Kamazzi comments that the announced 200hp wouldnt be achievable on an 116i and ACS is making false claims.
That's not what I said... Please comprehend what I wrote correctly

I said that the 116i has a very obstructive 2" pipe which limits the power substantially and will in fact prevent any major improvement in power regardless of the power box installed (...) Schnitzer claims over 200HP but yet I haven't seen a third-party dynotune graph which will come even close to this claimed figure. Only photoshop pictures of the graphs are available on the website which have no real data regarding the measurement.

As you can clearly see, that differs to what you claim I said Nowhere did I say that 200 HP wouldn't be achievable in an 116i and nowhere did I say that ACS is making false claims. Quite the contrary. I want to believe that ACS did it, and I would love to see the performance graphs of the tuned cars.

Moreover, Schnitzer claims 0-100 time in 8.1 secs for the tuned 116i and 7,1 secs for the tuned 118i. That is a second difference for cars with power difference which is negligible. That's a big difference....

And then the improvement: the 116i improves from 136 HP to 204 HP, and the acceleration 0-100 improves from 8,5 to 8,1. That's an improvement of 0,4 seconds. Almost 70 HP improvement in power but in time that translates to 0,4 seconds... makes you think, doesn't it?

Who has done the conversion by Schnitzer and dynoed the car before and after?
Has anybody seen the real graph from a dyno before and after the conversion?

Please show me the facts and let me part with my cash at my local ACS dealer
Appreciate 0