View Single Post
      05-16-2013, 09:29 AM   #92
Kamazzi
Rep
Drives: F20 116i

I did some tests with the Chiptronic unit.
I have two 116i units. Production January 2012 and August 2012.
I do have some figures on hand and running two identical cars allowed me to come to some conclusions after some tuning of the boxes.

Firstly, at this point in time, the box is still the only way to go. No ECU remap is possible at this point in time.
Secondly, one of the biggest differences between the 116i and the 118i is the exhaust. The 116i has a very obstructive 2" pipe which limits the power substantially and will in fact prevent and major improvement in power regardless of the power box installed. This is clear above 4200 revs where the power actually can drop because of the restrictive exhaust.
Schnitzer claims over 200 HP for both cars yet I haven't seen a third-party dynotune graph which will come even close to this claimed figure. Only photoshop pictures of the graphs are available on the website which have no real data regarding the measurement.

At this point in time I achieved 155HP and 290 NM with the standard exhaust and only the module in place.
The next mod will be the exhaust and only then we'll be able to see how prone to modifications these little engines really are.
Appreciate 0