05-09-2013, 06:32 PM   #65
KoenG
Lieutenant Colonel
Belgium
Rep
Drives: i4 eDrive40 & Cupra Leon 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowflow View Post
Beyond motorsport who honestly believes all that anal engineering equation stuff will make much of a difference when you stick 3 cars with almost identical statistics in the hands of Joe Public with his accelerator mashing right foot, dodgy gear shifts, poo braking, limited concept of an apex etc etc..... you get my drift. None of us are Vettel.

I've had a few quick Golfs but I'm not sure I'd go rushing into another. For some strange reason i have a deep seeded desire in me to love them hence why I have owned a few. However, despite driving nearly every generation of fast golf since the Mk1 for some reason they just never keep me occupied for long. They are just a bit dull to drive, I think it;s why the modding scene focusses more on making the cars look like they have no suspension with the wring tyres fitted. I mean, no matter what you do it's never going to be that great to drive so why not just make it look interesting instead.
Yeah, but maybe this one, with the progressive steering, the much upped torque, the e controlled diff, is indeed a much more engaging ride than before?

Every single review uptil now seems to put this new Golf on top of the food chain.
Appreciate 0