Major
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW F80 M3

Garage List
2017 BMW F80 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoenG View Post
1) both are equally fast (or almost) when given the stick 2) in daily driving conditions the d provides much more immediate push in the back since no shift down required. You feel this every time you move your right foot a bit. When you don't believe the physics behind it, just try it yourself. Agree that you can down shift, but you don't in relaxed driving conditions.

It's not that you buy an 65 AMG that you're only interest in doing 100-200 in a few seconds, no, it's because you appreciate the enormuous wave of torque popping up out of the void and that makes you feel like a little grain of sand in an endless vortex that you control with an effortless nod of the foot. When you're not interested in this, buy the F458 instead.
Lol Koen I totally disagree with most of your posts.
I have driven a chipped E92 325D (260HP and 550NM tq) with the 3.0 litre engine. Next I have driven a chipped VW Scirocco 2.0TSI (250HP and 380NM tq). Then I also drove an E90 M3 (420HP and 400NM tq) and now a F20 M135i (320HP and 450NM tq).

And while the 3.0D E92 325D had the most torque it was by far the most un-exciting car to drive. Ok yes its more fun to drive than my wifes current F11 520D but other than that even my VW Scirocco was more fun to drive. Was it the sound, the higher RPM you could make... It just is more fun to drive a petrol engine car.

Diesel cars are not for petrolheads. But for the lazy drivers that dont want to spend money on fuel. Now dont get me wrong I dont think it makes sense in a logical way. But petrol engine cars you buy with your heart and not with your brains
Appreciate 0