View Single Post
      09-26-2011, 09:10 AM   #35
scorpionkit76
Turkey
Rep
Drives: c4 thp 156 hp

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
Finally someone with the proper perspective on why this new 1 series is more a styling exercise to try and get buyers who now want smaller, high mpg cars, rather those of us who want a lighter more fun to drive automobile.

I like my 135i, but it's not the best handling BMW I've had.
My E46 325i with sport handled a bit better, with less under steer, and didn't pitch as much as my 135i sport.
The power of the N54/N55 is wonderful, and I think a lot of drivers are willing to forgive the handling negatives.
However, once the thrill of the power becomes more familiar you're left wanting in the handling department.

I was hoping to read that the new chassis was going to improve the handling, but from this review it seems BMW decided that aspect was not as important as trying to give more LEGROOM for rear passengers?
That tells me that this car was more designed for the growing number of people who need and want to downsize to get better MPG, and not for driving enthusiasts.
Shame.

I hope that BMW really does address the handling with the sport package tuning, and simply add firmer and lower springs.
Sounds like a true handling package will be needed that addresses the issue more comprehensively.

BMW, I'm waiting. You've got till next spring to get something better into the hands of the automotive testers. I need to order my next car by early June. If what I want doesn't happen I'll be moving on.
i agree 1000+
but also i am waiting for owners opinions..
Appreciate 0