View Single Post
      11-28-2014, 08:11 AM   #25
No one
Major
Rep
Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
Because they're not admitting there's nothing they can do.....they're choosing to do nothing because its difficult, hard to find and in their opinion, not dangerous
It's your assumption:

Quote:
Originally Posted by osvic View Post
I gave up listening past the "theres nothing we can do".

I admit it's a fair one and you can try to prove your point that "can" and "want" aren't synonyms. It's just a hard way, IMHO. I deny violence. Bending people to do something should be avoided if possible. Softer options could be better to explore (if they exist, of course).

Quote:
If it happens with 1:100 cars, that's an awful lot of test driving you'd need to do to find even 2 examples of the problem.
My point was: if the single test car shows no sign of the issue you can claim "I want the same!".

Quote:
Every authorized dealer has the tools and trained technicians to fix this problem. This is simply a negotiation about whether something tricky, difficult to find and probably benign gets fixed under warranty.
Yes of course. It's just from practice (I don't have a wealth of experience, fortunately, just pay attention to others' forum reports) they still differ in approach and qualification. Sometimes it takes no dispute. And neither much time and effort. If they just have the experience investigating and solving the issue successfully either from more constructive approach or from being defeated by another tough customer already, for example (letting alone the technicians "quality": "train" isn't always "gain").
Appreciate 0