10-17-2013, 02:59 AM   #3
Ryanponti94
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: C2 1.4 HDI 74avg mpg mmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by westphone View Post
Hey Ryan.

If you can save up to an M135i, there are other options out there that may suit your need. For example, tuning/look/drive/whatever. If you must have a BMW, then that's alright too. BMW parts are expensive, that's definitely one of my concerns, but just fyi.

Other than the possibility of your voiding warranty, lifetime for your parts are shortened. There is more wear, gearbox has their own torque ratings, so I wouldn't do anything too aggressive.

I personally recommend leaving these heavily computerized cars along. Mine is fully stock 'cause I think I got enough power already. For my case Kart driving and track driving definitely improved my driving somewhat, and that improves the speed of the car overall.

Just my 2 cents.
Thanks for quick reply. I know these are seriously fast cars i wasnt hoping to go all out on one if i got one but i thought it would benefit from a map if an exhaust was fitted. Not fussed for more power just a louder 6 cylinder. Thats why im saving up already. Incase anything goes wrong should be able to afford the repair bill (but hopefully be under warrenty if i get it from AUC) i know this is voided by map and that.. thats why i was looking at bmw m performance exhaust.

But just wanted to know if anyone with auto and a map had had any problems.

Ryan
Appreciate 0