View Single Post
      11-04-2018, 08:28 PM   #4
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 Msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by arondale View Post
The title sounds weird, but basically I can afford any 2016 and older used BMW. I used to work from home as a consultant, but have a new position that will require I commute 45 miles a day. While I own multiple cars, none of them are cars I want to put miles on. I had a VW GTI lease, but turned in the car after 3 years only putting 19K on the odo.

At first I started looking at used i8s as my new office has electric plug-in parking spaces that are mostly empty, giving me preferred parking. But, I'm not sure I want a $1000/mo car note. Then I started looking at '14-16' M6 GCs with 30k-45K miles. I just love the looks of them. Then I started looking at M4 convertibles, regular 650 MCs, then '13-'16 M5s. I am drawn to the 4.4 twin turbo motor, but out of warranty could be costly. I can afford the maintenance, but the smarter self tells me to either get a low mileage car under 20K miles, or get an older year BMW and deal with the maintenance.

This will be my 1st BMW. My first BMW experience was a 2011 bmw 335i convertible Turo rental and I was surprised how quick it was and loved the open hard top.

Living it Atlanta where it is hot in the summers, my 1st preference is cooled seats. My 2nd preference is comfort. Massaging seats would be awesome, but not a requirement. 3rd preference is sportiness and strong pulling motor.

What is your favorite BMW for commuting under $40K? $30K? $20K?

Thank you very much in advance!
A nice X5 is what I would recommend. Great commuting vehicles with nice storage space for that occasional haul which pops up for us all from time to time. A clean, safe, garage kept unblemished 2014 wth less than 39000 miles, say... for slightly under $30k... That should do the job. Amazingly, I have such a vehicle! And I don’t live all that far from you! I’ll await your no doubt eager inquiry for more details! Oh, and it does have cooled seats.
Attached Images

Last edited by ******; 11-04-2018 at 08:57 PM..
Appreciate 0