View Single Post
      02-24-2024, 05:00 AM   #84
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep
Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Where were your complaints when MERC dominated the scene with their hundreds of millions of euro's?

Now at least everyone has the same budget, so anyone who stands out does so by superior intellectual performance, not endless developing budgets.
Maybe that's why MERC tumbled down the ladder and Hamilton hasn't managed to win a single race since 2 years.

And the higher you finish in a year, the less development time you get, so there is even a handicap system in place.
Not many sports have that.

Also, that graph shows that the majority (12 cars) of the field sits within 1% projected.

If we take a look at say...100m men's freestyle swimming on the last olympics, the results of swimmers that were within 1% in the 1st heats (so that is taken from all the athletes competing), was exactly the top11 (needless to say that was not the majority of all the participants...).
So that is very comparable when looking at how competative a competitors field is in a totally different sport.
And if we look at something like the javelin throw on the olympics, the differences are even much bigger (over 4% in the top 10)
So to me it's not clear how you come to the conclusion based on that graph how uncompetitive the series currenly is. Not compared to how it was and not how it compares to other sports.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; 02-24-2024 at 05:35 AM..
Appreciate 2
M5Rick60984.00