View Single Post
      01-05-2021, 08:57 AM   #1
Collie98
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 114i F21 M-sport '12

BMW 114i N13 No power Gearbox?

Dear,

I recently acquired a beautifully richly executed 114i with an m package. Unfortunately, at the moment the performance cannot exactly be linked to m-sport.

The car pulls just as it should after operating the clutch, every time regardless of the engine speed. This can also be seen in the sports display, after releasing the clutch, it pulls 180nm torque and then drops to 100nm with a shock and audible turbo pressure blowoff, which he seems to be limited to after operating the clutch again. after which this tune repeats itself. The car does not display any error codes in ista either. The car has also had new software and updates so it is no longer possible that the error code has been written away.

There are some exceptions to the problem, in 6th gear I can release the accelerator pedal 9 times out of 10 after driving about 20 seconds with the limited 100nm, after which the original 180nm will be present again until the clutch is operated again. After releasing the accelerator, the shift indicator does not realize that the car is in its 6 position, it says shift up to its 6 while the car is already in it. Sporadically, this also happens in his 2 making it clear that the block is good and capable of delivering its power.
When you drive with your foot on the clutch just before operating the clutch mechanism, the car has just its power in any gear. This is of course bad for the pressure lower so I only did this to check things. I suspect that the problem can be found around the clutch and gearbox.

Does anyone have experience with this or possibly a solution?

Sincerely,
Colin

Last edited by Collie98; 01-05-2021 at 09:05 AM..
Appreciate 0