View Single Post
      09-09-2014, 11:59 AM   #12
Simon H
Major
Rep
Drives: M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
Have to say that I agree pretty much 100% with your write-up. As a dynamic drive on twisting B roads I love the M135i. Its light and agile, and changes direction beautifully. I would prefer more initial bite from the brakes to allow improved entry speed adjustments and M cars do make the little 1 Series suspension feel slightly unrefined by comparison.

I bought the M135i as a stop gap until the new M3 was released but despite a good M4 test drive I still have the 1 series and as yet have not ordered a replacement. The M135i is just so practical and fun to drive.

Here's my M4 comparison, if you're interested

http://f20.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1000956

Cheers
Steve
Steve,
Ive been seriously contemplating changing the M135i, for the new M4, and after a good days outing in a run in M4, was all ready to do the deed. But, you know what ?, i just cant bring myself to do it yet, and its because of how good the M135i is. Others will maybe not agree, but after more and more thought, my mind is changing, and im going to keep the M lite a while longer yet. When i factor how much money i have to put into the M4, and how much more the monthlys will be, for not that much more performance, i dont think its worth it, for me anyway, at this point. Im sure my next car will be an M4, but im not prepared to bail out early of the M135i, and rush to get one. I think that says a lot for the M135i, as it was supposed to be an inbetweeny car for me, until i made my mind up. I sometimes dont drive the M135i for a week or so, so when i do drive it, im always very surprised at how good its performance is, and how it feels on the road, that i ask myself the same question, do you really need much more than this ?. Obviously we all probably do, but the M lite has a certain something thats keeping me hooked, regards, SIMON.
Appreciate 0