View Single Post
      03-27-2024, 06:30 PM   #7404
Weather Man
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 Competition AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Car-Addicted View Post
Wait till the power grid in CA is in trouble and your Tesla "Big Control System" won't charge because the power utility has better use for the electric.

Better grid management
While today's grid impact from EV charging infrastructure is modest, demands could change rapidly. Utilities can reduce grid impact by counting on integrated software embedded in the EVs and charging locations. Integrated software allows utilities to have remote monitoring and control of the EV chargers. Operators can then aggregate and shift EV loads to balance the grid. In addition to home charging, utilities can manage the power needs of the increasing number of public, corridor and fleet charging sites on the multi-megawatt scale.
https://www.pwc.com/us/en/industries...structure.html

I really don't wish anything bad on anyone (maybe politicians) but when the EV folks figure out they are now part of the grid, I'm planning on a serious belly laugh and some serious "I told you so".
So, the grid will throttle your home level 2 charger to whatever they decide. Northern tier could wake up to no charge at all with the battery needing level 1 just to stay warm.
Appreciate 1
eugenebmw1480.50