Schn3ll
Captain
Rep
Drives: '24 Carrera T

Garage List
2009 135  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bc2005 View Post
What I miss are the days that you could get a 1-2 year old domestic vehicle for a great discount over new. That meant you could be in a really nice car for a much more reasonable price. The only big exception seemed to be domestic light trucks, which always held value very well.

However, with today’s short supply, big dealer mark-ups and long ordering times you will probably find someone trying to resell this kind of car in a few months for thousands more than sticker, mostly because you can get it from them “now”.
I have a feeling that's going to change within the next 6 months. The free-lunch bill is coming due and a lot of dealers are going to be sitting on high priced inventory for a long time I think. Most buyers are not cash-buyers, and rates are driving up the monthly's to equal rent payments.

I think this car, particularly in a manual is still a a great deal for what I paid ($70k OTD) and based on the lack of availability and transition to EV, I don't think I'll lose much once I sell.
Appreciate 6